Completely define the purpose, the mission, intent, and the goals of the website.
Possible website purposes:
- Promote an organization
- Product or service information
- Consumer support information
- Provide detailed information of organization
- Good presentation of the organization
- Quick and efficient access to the organization
- Office location maps and details
- Public relations
- Event schedules
- Consumer/user input
- Process orders, requests and other user information
- Public interest information
- User polls and surveys
- On-line catalog
- Any purpose that can be served by print, radio, and television media
- Automated sales and support office
- Other functions
Define your website’s intended audience.
Website design should specifically target the audience demographics.
The website must present your target audience with relevant, coherent, and complete information regarding your intended purpose.
Additionally, web-presence development must be considered. Content must be written so search engine algorithms are able to determine the website’s purpose.